Calling all pet lovers—animals all across the country are seeking you! This week is Petfinder’s Adopt-A-Less-Adoptable-Pet-Week , and we at World’s Best Cat Litter™ want to make sure we are doing everything possible to help and spread awareness about this special event. Although this event takes place on a single calendar week, the inspiration and goal is an ongoing focus requiring the attention of the masses! Why you ask? Here are some figures, stats and reasons directly from the Petfinder:
- 95% of Petfinder shelter and rescue group members currently have adoptable pets for whom they are having extreme difficulty finding a home
- 33% of Petfinder adoption groups said they’ve had pets who were posted on Petfinder for 1-2 years without being adopted with a staggering 27% with pets who’ve waited more than two years for a forever home.
Here is a visual representation of some of the pets that Petfinder adoption groups have the hardest time with:
So, as you can see, the need for adopting pets that fall into the “less-adoptable “category is higher than ever before. The good news—no one in this world is perfect, (at least that we know of) and less-adoptable pets or any pets up for adoption for that matter, don’t need perfect owners. All they need is someone who is going to take them in, support them, feed them and most importantly love them! So C’mon! We know there are plenty of people out there that can do that!
We understand that not everyone can bring an animal home even though they may really want too! So without actually adopting a pet here are some ways you can do your part before Adopt-A-Less-Adoptable-Pet-Week ends on September 25.
- Share something on your blog, Facebook, or Tweet about this special week. If you Tweet be sure to include #BetheChange or#ALAPW for Petfinder’s Adopt-A-Less-Adoptable-Pet Week and share something about the pet you think deserves a loving home!
- Can’t swing a blog post? That’s fine, share a widget on your blog or website by visiting this post.
- Make sure to add your blog post to the running list over at Adopt-A-Less-Adoptable-Pet Week Challenge post.
- Share a less-adoptable pet on our Facebook page! We have lots of great fans who would love to hear about the pet you think is worthy of a loving home.
At this point you shouldn’t need any more incentive to get involved, but we at World’s Best Cat Litter™ always like to raise the stalks (sorry, but our litter is made of whole-kernel corn)! Anyone that ends up adopting a less-adoptable cat this week and is the first one to confirm it by leaving a comment on this post will receive a 6 month supply of our litter! So what are you waiting for? Head over to Petfinder and start looking for your newest member of the family now!
Adopting Paw-sitive Change,
–World’s Best Cat Litter