120+ CAT SHELTERS, RESCUES, AND CAFéS MAKING A HUGE DIFFERENCE
Learn about 120+ shelters, rescues, and cafes across the country that are making a difference in the lives of cats and other animals.
Cats & Romance: A Must-read Survey for Kitty Lovers
Wondering how to stand out in your quest for everlasting love? Curious how to become the cat’s meow in your search of the purrfect partner?
Put a cat in your profile pic!
Yep, we’ve commissioned a survey that offers up litter tidbits like that and even more of the scoop on the role cats play when it comes to dating and romance.
The poll, which has been widely shared across the feline and human internet, was conducted by market research company, OnePoll. It included 1,000 people who own cats and 1,000 who don’t, all living in the U.S.
Here’s a look at some of the key findings:
Cats and Love – All the facts
- Cat owners were slightly more likely to be involved in relationships than non-cat owners (92% vs. 89%).
- Our survey also revealed that 72% consider owning a cat to be “attractive,” regardless of their own relationship or pet ownership status.
- When asked to imagine a scenario in which a potential online dating match is pictured with a cat, 75% of people with cats said they would be “more interested” in the person, an opinion also shared by an impressive 61% of people without cats.
- 7 in 10 respondents preferred that dating profiles disclose whether or not the person owns any pets; about the same percentage think parents on dating apps should mention having kids.
- Four in 10 survey respondents have even gone home with a potential date specifically to meet that person’s pet.
OK, so what about deal breakers — scenarios that cause people to say they would not date a particular person?
Can Cats Have an Impact on Your Dating Life?
A solid 40% of feline owners in our survey said they would still be willing to date someone who didn’t like cats. However, an “open hatred of cats” ranked as a top deal breaker among cat owners evaluating potential dating partners.
Here’s a closer look at how cat-related issues compare with other potential relationship deal breakers.
BIGGEST DEAL BREAKERS FOR CAT OWNERS
1. If they openly hated cats – 45%
2. If they were allergic to cats – 41%
3. If they lived more than an hour away from you – 37%
4. If they didn’t have a job – 34% 4
5. If they owned a dog – 34%
6. If they still lived with their parents – 27%
7. If they belonged to a different political party than you – 18%
8. If they didn’t own any books – 6%
9. If they were bad at spelling in their messages – 4%
10. None of the above would rate as deal breakers – 11%
* NOTE: No data is currently available for the following potential deal breakers for cat owners: If the person objected to feline baby talk (for example, calling one’s cat “Little Mr. or Mrs. Pookie Nibbins”) or: If the person thought spending a special Valentine’s Day with your cat was weird.
BIGGEST DEAL BREAKERS FOR NON-CAT OWNERS
1. If they didn’t have a job – 40%
2. If they lived more than an hour away from you – 38%
3. If they were allergic to cats – 32%
4. If they owned a dog – 31%
5. If they openly hated cats – 31%
6. If they still lived with their parents – 29%
7. If they belonged to a different political party than you – 21%
8. If they didn’t own any books – 9%
9. If they were bad at spelling in their messages – 9%
10. None of the above would rate as deal breakers – 13%
While we are not aware of any data on how using World’s Best Cat Litter® might affect one’s love life, we are inclined to believe that there is a positive correlation.
So what will it be? Paw left or paw right?
When it comes to our naturally safe and sustainable litter, your beloved little friend litter-ally cannot go wrong.