CAN YOU GUESS WHICH OF THESE “BLACK CAT FACTS” ARE REAL?
Can you guess which of these “black cat facts” are real? Halloween is upon us so we thought it would…
10 Absolutely Wild Cat Facts
It’s common knowledge that cats are notoriously weird creatures. They love to knock things off tables, make odd noises and lay in contortionist positions. But, we’re willing to bet you’ve never heard these astonishingly odd facts about our favorite furry friends.
WEIRD CAT FACTS THAT WILL HAVE YOU THINKING, “MEOW THAT’S ODD!”
1. Cats’ vision doesn’t include the area underneath their noses.
Ever wonder why your cat can spot a mouse from across the yard but can’t find the treat you set under their nose? It’s because they have a blind spot there!
2. One litter of kittens can have multiple “father” cats.
Because female cats release multiple eggs when they are in heat, they can become pregnant with kittens from more than one “father” cat at the same time!
3. Cats were originally brought to the Americas in the 1750’s from Europe to be pest controllers.
Records show that cats were brought to the Americas with early colonists, to help protect the food supply on the boats!
4. Most cats don’t have eyelashes.
That’s right, most of our furry friends don’t have lashes to protect their eyes. But, that’s okay because they have an extra eyelid!
5. Unlike nearly every other mammal, cats lack the receptors to taste sweets.
A life without sweets sounds depressing, but our cats are used to it! This is why cats aren’t often interested in stealing fruits and deserts from our plates, like they usually try to do with meat and veggies.
6. Cats have extra organs that allows them to “taste-scent” the air.
If you’ve ever noticed your cat breathing with their mouth open, it’s because they’re using their Jacobson’s organs to check whether other animals or predators are nearby!
7. When cats are awake, one-third of their time is spent cleaning themselves.
Things cats do a lot of: sleeping, grooming, eating….they may also partake in playtime, snuggles and litter box time, but when it comes down to it, cats just want to maintain a healthy coat and stay well rested. Can they teach us their ways?
8. The oldest breed of cat is the Egyptian Mau.
The oldest known breed of domesticated cat hailed from Egypt – hence its name, the Egyptian Mau. These cats were revered in Ancient Egyptian culture and even had their own dedicated cemetery.
9. House cats are faster than Usain Bolt.
At his fastest, Olympic Record Holder, Usain Bolt, ran 27.8 mph. The average housecat can run up to 30 miles per hour!
10. Cats’ noses are ridged with patterns that are unique, like fingerprints.
We always knew cats were unique, but did you know you can tell by their nose? That’s right, your kitty’s nose has its own, one-of-a-kind pattern. Now boop it!
In case you ever doubted it, cats may just be the strangest pets out there. It’s a good thing they’re so loveable! At World’s Best Cat Litter™ we’re all about cat love. In fact, we even made a playlist for it. Give it a listen and let us know if your fur baby is a fan of these cat jams!