STEP UP AND GREEN IT UP FOR EARTH DAY – TOP WAYS TO CELEBRATE EARTH DAY’S 40TH ANNIVERSARY
Greetings and greenings to everyone, Humans, pets, plants and all walks of life are as different as the seasons. However,…
20 Ways Cats Are Like Children
Guest Blog Post From I Have Cat blogger Tamar Arslanian
Tamar began “I Have Cat” as a way to chronicle her life as a 30-something NYC singleton looking for love despite the complication of owning cats.
Read about how it all began
Happy New Year everyone!
We’re psyched to usher in the New Year with a guest blog post on Clearing the Air. Our friend Tamar writes about single life in the big city with her many cat companions on her popular blog I Have Cat.
The name of her blog was a response to the way people spoke of single women of a certain age with cat(s). In hushed tones and never in mixed company. “Oh, did you hear? She has shingles,” “She had a gastric bypass”, “She has cats!”
Tamar refuses to fall prey to the crazy cat lady stereotype and wears her cat hair free black clothing as a badge of honor (though she admits to investing a small fortune in lint rollers). She strongly believes that being social and stylish need not be mutually exclusive from cat ownership.
Her blog is funny and trendy. Here’s her top twenty ways cats are not so different from children.
- Dislike baths (though a few oddballs absolutely adore it)
- Hate getting dressed up
- Speak a different language but you understand what they want when they “talk” to you
- Get into things and places they shouldn’t
- Need your attention the minute you’re trying to have an important phone call
- Prevent you from having nice furniture
- Throw up a lot (usually on rugs and fabrics)
- Keep you up all night either because they’re out until all hours worrying you sick or in your bed keeping you awake
- Think bathroom time for mommy means bathroom time for everyone
- Are impossible to stay mad at for long
- Are the only ones in the house who can get through the baby locks
- Leave their toys strewn about everywhere
- Are the smallest creatures in the home, but they take up the most space in bed
- Begrudge overzealous squeezes (aka corporal cuddling)
- Are mesmerized by mirrors, mobiles phones and computers – especially ones you’re currently using
- Fight with siblings
- Have the vilest smelling poo that we clean up because we love them
(Shameless plug: World’s Best Multiple Cat Clumping Litter does help with the smell, and it’s litter I don’t worry about them ingesting when they clean between their toes! I particularly like the new lavender scent too!).
- Favor cardboard boxes over expensive toys
- Are often finicky eaters
- Make our lives better! We can’t imagine life without them!
Can you think of more ways your furry and non-furry children are alike? Let us know in the comments section below!
World’s Best Cat Litter™